Thursday, February 21, 2013

What, was I thinking?

What posessed me to think that I should try and save 90-year old beadboard? At least in this house, dear little Shady Oak farm, the beadboard was hammered through from the other side before they lath and plastered. That's right! It's not mounted to anything!

So, as it splintered and fell apart, I felt compelled to try and save it. Here are the base cabinets and the oak Numerar Ikea countertops as I was placing them. I wanted to save the open shelves, and cover them with glass-paned doors.

It was DOOMED.

not because of my carpentry skillz, but because of the mounting issues: lead paint, beadboard instability.

I just didn't want to do all the work and then hate it when I was done.

Oh, the blue is going to go. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment