Thursday, February 21, 2013

the in-process

So, then, let's go room by room. Here is a little taste of kitchen. Our budget is $0.

I only sort of joke. Also, I excel at ripping out things. This is the wall between the kitchen and living room. I don't even think I have a "before."

These are farm cabinets, the bane of my life. They are too narrow for a standard dishwasher. When we were closing on the house, I went on craigslist and bought a bosch dishwasher that someone took from their in-process foreclosure. I was convinced that I could throw it in there, only to measure everything up and realize that it was un-possible without changing out cabinets, countertops, doing the electrical and the water.

Sheesh.

So began the great accumulation. I worked to get cabinets (which were in the dining room for far too long more on this later), and then I had to get a different set of cabinets. Two kitchens worth of cabinets for $150.

The maple craftmaids are in the garage. The Ikea are in the house. We finally could take it no more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment